Europe

Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009, under , , , , , ,

I'm surprised I haven't blogged more about Europe. There's just so much to say. I could probably get my Travel Journal and type what's in there, as well as add details and whatever else I remember. I think I might do that, actually. But for now, I'll just write a summary. (:

So, I went to Europe for over 3 weeks. I went to four countries; Greece, Italy, Austria and Germany.

Athens, Greece wasn't as glamorous as I thought it would be. It was the complete opposite, actually. I didn't mind it, though. The building's in the city were very different from what you see in NYC, most if not all of them had small terraces where people are always hanging their laundry.



Santorini, Greece was incredible. I was disappointed at first because the hotel I was staying at was in the countryside of the island and it was very barren.. Then when I went to Oia, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.



Rome, Italy didn't live up to my expectations. We weren't there very long. I got lost with my friends and we were arguing each other a lot of the time. All the stores there were expensive and it was difficult to find a store worth shopping at. I didn't buy anything in any of the stores, but I did buy a National Geographic magazine in Italian at a magazine rack. <3



I went to so many places in Italy. I was there for more than a week. It's crazy how many places a person can go in such a short period of time.

Austria was so far beyond what I had imagined it to be. To say that it almost felt like a dream, would be corny, but it's the only way I can describe the feeling. It was so GREEN! I don't think I've ever seen so much green in my life. Everything there was picture perfect. The clouds were so detailed and they almost seemed unrealistic compared to the ones we have here. It's strange, you wouldn't think there'd be much a difference, but there is.



Germany was alright. It was the country I was really looking forward to go to, from the beginning, but we were only there one day, well, two days. I visited the concentration camp at Dachau and then I went shopping in a city whose name I can't remember, probably Munich?


edit post

7 Reply to "Europe"

  • MuthuKumar on August 29, 2009 at 12:16 PM

    your lucky, got to visit a completely different continent...feeling a bit jealousy, sure..;-) the last photo is good.worth adding in ur profile....and yes about oia i have heard and seen photos...wish i visit that heaven once...waiting to hear stories abt oia...

     

    yours truly on August 29, 2009 at 6:36 PM

    thank you. (:

    have you ever left your home-country?

     

    MuthuKumar on August 30, 2009 at 2:29 AM

    nope...never...:-(just now am roaming around different places of my country...different states...

     

    yours truly on August 30, 2009 at 4:46 PM

    oh well, where have you gone then?

     

    MuthuKumar on August 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

    In india i have gone to kerala, delhi,agra,jaipur,ganothri....everything was very recent trips, maybe in this one year i roamed more than my past years...my flickr profile is ready,u can c the photos there...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3rdiimages-mk/

     

    yours truly on August 31, 2009 at 9:12 AM

    they all sound amazing. you got great shots from them too. what camera do you work with?

     

    MuthuKumar on August 31, 2009 at 7:16 PM

    yea they are all really good places. so any plans to visit india in ur travel plan?
    Thanks you... I work with Nikon f75, it is old reel type ones, not a digital one. by the in what camera do you have?

     
  • Post a Comment